Tuesday, 17 May 2011

I'm back from the brink...

What can I say, it's been busy. Now I'm not saying that 'it' has gone away, so whilst I will attempt brevity - and most probably fail in the most faily failing type way - I thought that I'd just check in.

So yeah, I've finished another one of Laymon's books - this time the collection Fiends. I don't want any spoilers in here, so I'll be brief again.

The first one hundred pages of this one is the Novella Fiends. It's a good read, a little complex, but broken down into a mountain of tiny chapters (- chapettes?).

After that you get a further couple of hundred pages of typical Laymon shorts. They're wickedly creepy. If you want to be scared, you want to poop your pants, read it. Having been a fan of the likes of King and Barker my whole life - and I'm ashamed to admit to having never heard of Laymon until six months ago - he's good. I mean real good.


Talking of Wicked...

Jeeps, I'm behind on my stuff big time...




Okay, first up to the table is Hannibal's Manor, available at the Pill Hill Press Shoppe:

 http://www.pillhillpress.com/shoppe-wicked-east-press.html






Flash fiction collection Cup of Joe, can be found here in the UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coffee-House-Flash-Fiction-Collection/dp/1617061190/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305645221&sr=1-1

Or here, in the US: http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-House-Flash-Fiction-Collection/dp/1617061190/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305645293&sr=8-2





The Wicked Bag of Tales (Horror) is now available, here: http://www.amazon.com/Wicked-Horror-Tales-Jessica-Weiss/dp/1617061182/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1305645401&sr=1-1 in the US and
here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wicked-Horror-Tales-Jessica-Weiss/dp/1617061182/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1305644525&sr=8-1



And I've had a couple of acceptances. Firstly, I have had my story Alice in Monsterland accpeted for Wicked East Press's Halloween Frights, and Inc. for Tales of Terror and Mayhem from Deep Within the Box from a collaboration between Wicked East and Hidden Thoughts.

So... me? I thought you'd never ask. I'm fine. Working my butt off on 'it', and of course the other project that I have been approached to do, so that's another 'it', and then there was talk of a third 'it'. Who knows?

So I'm off, I got to do some writing. I'll be back though, I thought I might follow up How Not to Write Horror, with something along the lines of the Misconceptions of being an Author. I might title it, Stop asking me where I get my ideas...

'til next time.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment