Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Finding time for Kevin...

Kevin is causing me some angst. Only a small amount. But some.

Now, I'm used to writing everyday. I write when I get home from work each day, and some at the weekend. When Kevin shows up, I write more. Sometimes a lot in the evening, but I still try to do less at the weekend.  Kevin is being a little snot this time.

Today I have written before work. I was early to work, wrote more before I was due to start at work. Will write at lunch. Got to write tonight.

You see, I've always tried to keep a lid on what I'm doing. One or two projects in motion at once.

Kevin has flushed me with a new one.

I'm now editing two novels. One mine alone and another collab. Not a problem. I'm writing another. Still fine, but reaching the end of where I'm happy with the work load. I've got a sequel to The Human Condition on the go (you know, I haven't mentioned that one recently), Human Behavior btw, which is about a third written.

I started writing the new book that Kevin waved under my nose this morning. (So writing three, technically, editing two). Another collab in plotting.

What to do?

For me, separating the editing and the writing is easy. I don't see editing as the same as writing, so I don't mind doing twice as much, if you get my drift. But writing three books? Eek.

I've decided to rotate them. I'll do one until I reach a lull - a suitable place to stop - and then hit the next and so on. See how that works.

Maybe blast one every now and again. Who knows?

I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment