Sunday, 24 November 2013

Guest Post: Penny Estelle

I want to thank Mark Taylor for allowing me to barge in on his blog and visit with him and his readers. 

My name is Penny Estelle and I write for the young and the “young at heart”! I have been lucky in my writing career to have several of my stories picked up by different publishing houses. The books I have written for the middle grade kiddos range from ages 10 – 14. I even have a series out about kids doing some time travel, meeting up with some historical heroes, The Wickware Sagas.

I have four stories out the adult crowd….family drama, sweet romances, and even a paranormal story out! My first Christmas romance comes out December 6 – The Unwanted Christmas Guest.

But what I am really thrilled about is my first, “early reader” picture book, coming out in May of 2014. When Nocturnal Press offered me a contract on this book I was ecstatic! I worked as an elementary school secretary for twenty-one years and I saw first hand how excited these little ones are when they find a book that sparks their imagination and I can hardly wait to have my book in some of their little hands!

My story, Have You Seen My Tail?, is a story for the beginning readers, 4-8 years of age.Little Sammy Bear has been told, by his older brother, he has lost his tail and he better find it before their mother finds out. Sammy asks a few of the forest animals if they have seen his tail, but the only help they can offer are snacks, which Sammy gladly accepts. It seems everything they offer is his absolute favorite!

Will Sammy find his tail? More importantly, will Sammy get home in time for dinner?

At the end of the story are four “bug” recipes that kids can make and eat themselves. 

More about my books can be found at the following locations. 


My email address is pennyestelle@yahoo.com. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions or just want to say “Hi!”

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me on your blog today. You are a wonderful host!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read one Penny Estelle's adult books, At What Price? very good story. I am interested to see what she can do with the smaller kids. Looking forward to reading it.

    Leota

    ReplyDelete