Thursday, 25 February 2016

Five High School Dialogues Blog Tour


High School, a rite of passage for all American teenagers, can be a daunting experience. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a little help along the way? George Tecce, known as The Chief, takes a hiatus from his collegiate adventures to help students navigate through the often daunting labyrinth with his signature oft-kilter enlightening comedy. No topic is off limits as The Chief breaks down high school for students and parents discussing such topics as bullying, prom, and the dreaded group project. Refreshingly unique and accessible, Five High School Dialogues is the perfect all-inclusive guide to high school.

Excerpt

Amber, a sophomore from George’s English class, comes to the Chief to ask for an extension on her essay. George notices her reserved demeanor and asks why she needs an extension. After a brief explanation, George deduces that Amber was unable to do her work over the weekend because she was hungover. The two have a conversation on the risks associated with underage drinking and its effect on one’s work.

Chief: Why don’t you tell me why you need this extension and then I can maybe turn that maybe into the answer you desire?

Amber: Well, it’s due on Wednesday so I figured I’d ask today since I didn’t think you would be too forgiving if I asked you the day before.

Chief: A smart assumption. Why don’t you tell me why you need this extension?

Amber: Well, I have basketball practice for two hours tonight and there’s a game tomorrow. It’s an away game so I won’t get back until pretty late. Plus I have a math test tomorrow that I’m behind on. I guess I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Chief: Naturally. That sounds quite overwhelming.

Amber: It is. I usually manage. I’m not that great at basketball, but it’s fun and I really like the team.

Chief: I just have one question. Today is Monday, which means you had the whole weekend to prepare for this stuff. I assume the away game wasn’t a spur of the moment type of event?

Amber: Nope. It’s been on the schedule all season.

Chief: A test and essay is rough, especially when you’ve probably got other homework to take care of as well.

Amber: Yeah, there’s also science and history. I wasn’t expecting those to be much of a burden, but we got assigned a lot of work today. I’ve moved a little bit of it around, but there’s just so much of it that I wanted to see if I could have an extra day or two to get it all under control.

Chief: It’s good of you to come and ask for help when you need it. Plenty of other people would have just done a poor job and not gone through the effort to talk to the teacher.

Amber: My grades are important to me. I know I’m only a sophomore, but I’ve heard that colleges like to see consistency and I want them to see that I’ve been a good student all four years.

Chief: Very true. You seem to have a good attitude. Can I ask what you were up to yesterday?

Amber: Yesterday?

Chief: Yes, also known as Sunday. Did you have practice?

Amber: No, we usually have Sundays off.

Chief: Did you do any work yesterday?

Amber: I tried to.

Chief: Did Netflix get in the way?

Amber: Not quite. I wasn’t really feeling well at all. My head was killing me.

Chief: Were you sick on Saturday?

Amber: No.

Chief: You don’t seem sick today either.

Amber: No, I feel better. Must have been one of those twenty-four hour bugs or something like that. 

Chief: Headaches aren’t usually the primary symptom of twenty-four hour bugs. Unless this was caused by something else.

Amber: Something else?

Chief: When I was in college, I knew quite a few people who had these mysterious illnesses on Sundays. You know what tended to cause it?

Amber: Partying?

Chief: More specifically?

Amber: Alcohol?

Chief: Right. 

Giveaway



a Rafflecopter giveaway


About the Author



Ian Thomas Malone is an author and a yogi from Greenwich, CT. He is a graduate of Boston College, where he founded The Rock at Boston College. He is the grandson of noted Sherlockian scholar Colonel John Linsenmeyer. Ian has published thousands of articles on diverse subjects such as popular culture, baseball, and social commentary.

His favorite things to post on social media are pictures of his golden retriever Georgie and his collection of stuffed animals. Ian believes firmly that “there’s more to life than books you know,
but not much more,” a quote from his hero Morrissey. When he’s not reading, writing, or teaching yoga, he can probably be found in a pool playing water polo. He aspires to move to the Hundred Acre

Wood someday, though he hopes it has wi-fi by then.

Purchase Link

http://www.amazon.com/Five-School-Dialogues-Thomas-Maloneebook/dp/B01BLPTGHU/

No comments:

Post a Comment